Discuss Banjo in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

Any Banjo players on the forum banjo_lg_clr.gif

E

enduro

I play guitar and once did dueling banjo's with a brilliant 5 string banjo player, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. A bit hard to play finger style since I broke two fingers. This is one of my old much loved guitars
That must of been fantastic playing Dueling banjo's...My daughter is learning electric guitar, and thats what she wants us to play.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I play guitar badly and have done since I was about 8 or something. What annoys me is I've shown 3 or 4 mates how to play years ago and they're all now loads better than me. 2 are in bands every now and again by the looks of it on Facebook. Really annoying. Not sure why I hadn't progressed since about 12 lol

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

That must of been fantastic playing Dueling banjo's...My daughter is learning electric guitar, and thats what she wants us to play.

Andrew I would love to learn the banjo, the guitar part in dueling banjo's is quite simple, sounds better on an acoustic imo, I have a six string Simon & Patrick Luthier, and an Ibanez. The tele is my pride and joy though, I used the telecaster in my band days, I was half decent back then.

T

I play guitar badly and have done since I was about 8 or something. What annoys me is I've shown 3 or 4 mates how to play years ago and they're all now loads better than me. 2 are in bands every now and again by the looks of it on Facebook. Really annoying. Not sure why I hadn't progressed since about 12 lol

Dan I tried to play classical gas when I came to your house, I used to have it off to a tee, but I was to rusty, at least you recognised my feeble attempt at Norwegian wood.:lol:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I remember that!

Norwegian wood rocks I love that tune. I can play the beginning bit of classical gas but nothing more. You're good mate don't put yourself down! Also a brilliant singer too and that's definitely something I can't do though do seem to think I can every now and again after a few beers.

Showed one of my mates classical gas on youtube and said I was trying to learn it and get back into the guitar, and he ended up being able to play that too. Grrrrrrr it annoys me. lol

B

Bubblecraft

Love playing duelling banjos. Been many years since I was in bands. Now just do my own recording at home. Heavily cut down my instrument collection a few years back. Didn't have time to play them all.
Now I've only got my 5 Zakk Wylde custom Les Paul's, a 6 string & 12 string electro acoustic, my Digitech GNX4 & my Marshall stack. Another 2 Zakk customs coming in the new year though (don't tell the mrs lol)
Here's my babies:
http://youtu.be/7y5t4HyVgWA
http://youtu.be/HcVysDWd6lw
Here's my 2 projects for next year:
3agusaju.jpg

T

I remember that!

Norwegian wood rocks I love that tune. I can play the beginning bit of classical gas but nothing more. You're good mate don't put yourself down! Also a brilliant singer too and that's definitely something I can't do though do seem to think I can every now and again after a few beers.

Showed one of my mates classical gas on youtube and said I was trying to learn it and get back into the guitar, and he ended up being able to play that too. Grrrrrrr it annoys me. lol

Classical Gas Mason Williams 1968 - YouTube

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Love playing duelling banjos. Been many years since I was in bands. Now just do my own recording at home. Heavily cut down my instrument collection a few years back. Didn't have time to play them all.
Now I've only got my 5 Zakk Wylde custom Les Paul's, a 6 string & 12 string electro acoustic, my Digitech GNX4 & my Marshall stack. Another 2 Zakk customs coming in the new year though (don't tell the mrs lol)
Here's my babies:
My Zakk Wylde Guitar Collection - YouTube
Zakk Wylde Guitars - YouTube
Here's my 2 projects for next year:
3agusaju.jpg

Dude, those guitars rock! Where do you get custom ones from like that? (and all your other ones?!?!?!)

B

Bubblecraft

Dude, those guitars rock! Where do you get custom ones from like that? (and all your other ones?!?!?!)

Cheers Dan. The Ivory bullseye, Camo bullseye & the Buzzsaw are all original apart from the odd tweak to the electrics & the pups. The rebel/confederate started life as a white Les Paul. Done the work myself. Started on a Saturday morning & finished by Sunday evening. That includes drying times. Here's the vid of the project when I done it:
http://youtu.be/p7_4m0TCYqY
The BLS (black one) started off as a custom black Les Paul. Again, done the work myself with water slide decals.
The 2 I'm doing next year will involve a little more work. For example, the vertigo with start off as a Zakk custom Camo bullseye & completely stripping the top & replacing it with maple & new binding etc.
Looking forward to it!

Reply to Banjo in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey guys, Thanks for being members here on TilersForums.com - it is a pleasure to have you! I...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm new to the forum. Just a quick question. Can you tile onto Gyproc easifill as I have to...
Replies
Views
Hey all, New to the forum so go easy ;) I've finished tiling my bathroom floor with honed...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB