Discuss Banjo in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Cheers Dan. The Ivory bullseye, Camo bullseye & the Buzzsaw are all original apart from the odd tweak to the electrics & the pups. The rebel/confederate started life as a white Les Paul. Done the work myself. Started on a Saturday morning & finished by Sunday evening. That includes drying times. Here's the vid of the project when I done it:
Zakk Wylde Rebel Project - YouTube
The BLS (black one) started off as a custom black Les Paul. Again, done the work myself with water slide decals.
The 2 I'm doing next year will involve a little more work. For example, the vertigo with start off as a Zakk custom Camo bullseye & completely stripping the top & replacing it with maple & new binding etc.
Looking forward to it!

Do me one! What would one of those set me back? And could I choose a design if it was possible to do me one?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I might have a quick pick before I go to bed, that kid is good, but this guy is pretty good too.Classical Gas - Mason Williams - YouTube

He changes it a little too much for me. Though I like his style.

Actually I take that back now I've listened to it all. I thought he was going to do a tommy emanuel and change it too much. But he doesn't Just a small tweak.

[video=youtube;S33tWZqXhnk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S33tWZqXhnk[/video]

B

Bubblecraft

Do me one! What would one of those set me back? And could I choose a design if it was possible to do me one?

If I had the time mate, I would love to. If I had the time, I'd have about another 20 lol.
Could do you a rebel though if you really wanted as I'm sure I've still the paints etc. Depends to what extent you wanna go. Gibson or Epiphone, Passive or Active pups. Gibson would be around the £3.5k mark. Epi would be around £700 mark with EMG 81/85's, £600 with EMG HZ's, £560 with Alnico's.
The epi ivory & Camo bullseye's can still be bought new from around £600. Buzzsaw is no longer being manufactured. Can still get them 2nd hand on eBay though but just watch, there's a lot of fakes. Can steer you in the right direction though

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'd have to go down the Gibson route I think to be honest. All noted mate. Didn't even know you were a guitarist. I asked [MENTION=16192]Phil Hobson[/MENTION] sell me his a couple of years ago but he wouldn't budge. He rates I'd have to not only get a hitman on him, I'd have to get one on his sons too who are in line for it. :)

B

Bubblecraft

I'd have to go down the Gibson route I think to be honest. All noted mate. Didn't even know you were a guitarist. I asked [MENTION=16192]Phil Hobson[/MENTION] sell me his a couple of years ago but he wouldn't budge. He rates I'd have to not only get a hitman on him, I'd have to get one on his sons too who are in line for it. :)

There's probably many things you don't know bout me lol. Guitarist for 22 year & is my main instrument. Also play bass, drums, sax, flute, bagpipes & many other instruments. Just don't have the time that I used to.
Also a professional paintballer, a dry land musher, base jumper, an artist & many other things. Just wish I could stop time & be able to do them all!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
There's probably many things you don't know bout me lol. Guitarist for 22 year & is my main instrument. Also play bass, drums, sax, flute, bagpipes & many other instruments. Just don't have the time that I used to.
Also a professional paintballer, a dry land musher, base jumper, an artist & many other things. Just wish I could stop time & be able to do them all!

Loved paintbailling when I did it years ago! Ended up being a marshall but it got boring then so I just stopped going.

Base Jumper too - jesus. Not for me that.

I'd love to be able to play more instruments (and even the guitar properly like a pro) though!

B

Bubblecraft

Loved paintbailling when I did it years ago! Ended up being a marshall but it got boring then so I just stopped going.

Base Jumper too - jesus. Not for me that.

I'd love to be able to play more instruments (and even the guitar properly like a pro) though!

I started off as a Marshall then ended up playing with the Scottish Warriors. Been out it a few years now though but still got all my gear. 2009 was my last big game (Warped - North vs South)

Love my music & my instruments. If I didn't have a Missus, kids & dogs, I'd still have my studio & get lost for days on end lol

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
heres what we get upto in work ,

My work partner ian on a stratocaster ,my mate neal on a replica frankenstrat he built himself and my other mate mick strummin along on an acoustic ,a few bum notes but not bad unrehearsed.and me videoing it.

[video=youtube;sAydT7SNBEM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAydT7SNBEM[/video]

That's awesome! haha As if you all took the guitars in you mad heads. :D

B

Bubblecraft

I could do with a rough idea what my telecaster might be worth, from you guitar buffs. Serial no 263 569, I know it is not a good time to sell. But I am curious.

Spoke to my Fender buff. He said he'd really need to see condition etc but said it was unusual to have a black Tele with a maple neck. He said the 70's tele's can go about £4k to £6k & 60's tele's could go anything from £6k to £10k. If it were a Strato, he said it would be around the £15k mark.
He also said he'll give you £500 for it right now lol

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I'll give 600 then. :p :D

Could do with taking some high res shots of it and sending them over to him perhaps.

Would be lovely to have it valued even just for keeps sake.

Some pics of the Tele, sorry about the quality I would love to get it valued. In case any theives are reading this I do not have this guitar at home.

Attachments

• fn1.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 20
  • fn2.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 20
  • fn3.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 27
  • fn4.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 18
  • fn5.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 17
  • fn6.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 18
  • fn7.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 17
  • fn8.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 17
  • fn9.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 22
  • fn10.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 18
  • fn11.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 19
  • fn12.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 17
B

Bubblecraft

Some pics of the Tele, sorry about the quality I would love to get it valued. In case any theives are reading this I do not have this guitar at home.

Hi Phil

Got email back from my mate. Here's what he said:

Hi Gus,
Just back to the laptop after a weekend at Val's.
The tele looks in amazing nick for it's age - which makes me wonder if
it's been refinished. If it has, then the value will almost half -
better to have the beat-up original finish. If it's all original then
he should be asking for 3-4 grand for it - maybe even more.
Lucky man - would love a crack at that through my Lazy J.
Duncan

Hope that helps mate!

B

Bubblecraft

Hi Gus, thanks for that. I had it from 1971, so only a couple of years old when I bought it, paid £200.00 for it a lot of money back then. As far as I know it is all original, I had the action lowered about five years ago by a pro (Brian Eastwood).

Say thanks to your mate for me. Cheers mate. Phil.:thumbsup:

No worries Phil. I'd hold on to it for a little longer. Wish i still had my 74 SG. would be worth a wee bit now. Happy jamming!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Banjo in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey guys, Thanks for being members here on TilersForums.com - it is a pleasure to have you! I...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm new to the forum. Just a quick question. Can you tile onto Gyproc easifill as I have to...
Replies
Views
Hey all, New to the forum so go easy ;) I've finished tiling my bathroom floor with honed...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB