Discuss Barnard castle in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Purpose built in the 19th century by John and Joséphine Bowes, the Museum has a wonderful story to tell.

John Bowes was a successful businessman who travelled to Paris in 1847 to explore his interest in the arts. It was here he bought a theatre and met the Parisian actress Joséphine Coffin-Chevallier whom he married in 1852. Joséphine was a talented amateur painter who was interested in a whole range of art forms including paintings, ceramics, furniture and textiles. Soon the couple began to develop the idea of creating a world-class museum back in John’s ancestral home of Teesdale in order to introduce the wider world of art to the local people.

More info here >>> The Bowes Museum: History of The Bowes Museum

Last edited by a moderator:

wayne

TF
leeds
Cheers for advice everyone. Had some family with us so took them to high force and the kids loved it. Nice walk round Barnard castle and Barrie at the campsite. Will probably be back in the next month or so as I love the area. I know how you feel doug. I never thought about my caravan being stolen but loads ave been taken lately. Bought a 2011 model 3 weeks ago and haven't rested at work when it's on the drive. Let us know what model yours was and I will keep an eye out on my travels .

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Barnard castle in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
G
Hi, We had a partial wet room installed in our first floor bathroom over 3 years ago by a...
Replies
Views
Gemma
G
J
Just been up to start a new job today. never been to Norfolk before . been worrying about the...
Replies
Views
jonnyc
J
Last Sunday my Nissan X-Trail started to stall whilst parked. Monday morning on the way to...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, So I've got to the end of the main chunk of the work... finally... and it's looking pretty...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB