Discuss Baroness Thatcher Dies in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Couldn't agree more John. Everyone is getting on Cameron's case when, lets face it, he's got years and years worth of Bliars **** ups to put right. Yes he could do with toughening up a bit but, he's got some mess to fix.

But so will the next PM.

I am sick of hearing so called politicians whinging on about "Our predecessors left us this or that"
They ALL come into power, and promise us this, that and the other.......but then we get bog all.

How many promises has Cameron back tracked on.
Come the run up to the next elections........all the parties promise the earth, the naff all.

All they seem to do is make a nice earner for themselves, sod the rest of us.

my family suffered because of her hatred for the N,U,M my father was on strike for over a year, standing up for what he believed in ,
she ripped the heart out of our community
and i for one celebrate her death , REST IN HELL[/QUOT

You say about the polices heavy handed tactics, what about the strikers. Does any body remember David Wilkie. That was Murder.

B

bugs183

I don't know enough about Maggie to get involved, and the reason i don't know enough is because you cannot ask anyone to you give a balanced, non emotional answer about her and her doings. It's always black and white, and you're gaurenteed someone else will be listening and will be completely on the the opposite side of the fence, que the arguments!
And never mention Maggie if everyones been drinking!
You can be certain that there will be trouble at the funeral, by a generation that knew nothing about her ''borrowed nostalgia from the unremembered 80's'' to quote LCD Soundsystem.

P

Pebbs

Fantastic woman? not in any stretch of my imagination. I for one will not be mourning her passing, I saw my own village ripped apart when the miners were on strike. The coal miners needed a union otherwise they would have been living on starvation wages for back breaking and dangerous work. Without the unions the working man or woman would have never had a voice. She did nothing towards ending the peace process in Northern Ireland, the poll tax was a fiasco, and lets not even bring up the Falklands, when she was trying to sell it back to Argentina before they invaded.

But its all ok, lets just keep importing the coal from Russia because it seems these days, Im all right Jack and stuff the rest of you.

Pebbs

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Im sure there's plenty of comparisons between thatcher/miners and current government and our forces.
Fact of the matter is, whether she was right or wrong in what she did she acted to try and get the job done. Knowing full well there would be strong opposition. If only our government could perhaps take one or two leaves out of her book. We wouldn't be in the financial and economic cluster poo we're in now.
For one if the country was run more aggressively and we kept Britain Great then maybe some of the quality trades that struggle daily wouldn't be so hard up as the pearly gates between us and the rest of the EU would be firmly welded shut.

Reply to Baroness Thatcher Dies in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/sep/04/hgv-driver-shortage-uk-firms-embark-on-the-long-...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Man gets fined for traveling from Sheffield to Stoke to buy tile adhesive. Note that you can...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
Bedrock Tiles are proud to announce some seriously climate, complimenting news that we have...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB