UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Barry Winson in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

Winson133

Just joined the Tilers Forum and hoping someone more knowledgable than myself can help me with re-tiling a 4 year old shower.
This may be a bit more complicated as I live in France.
We had a house built in France and within the en-suite bathroom had a shower constructed as a "wet shower" if that makes sense i.e. a preformed tray formed let into the concrete floor and tiling finished flush with the surrounding bathroom floor tiles.
Shower floor measures 1.2 x 1.2 metres.
So far so good except my wife no longer likes the tiles used on the floor within the shower area or on the walls that surround it on 2 sides.
I would like to take up and replace the tiles on the floor of the shower and take down and replace the wall tiles but knowing what damage can be caused taking tiles off other walls I am concerned that damaging the shower liner and/or the waterproof membrane is a distinct possibility and would value any comments or advice from fellow members before I start removing the existing tiles.

M

Mike Mike

Hello Barry,

You're in luck because I am clairvoyant and so just by focussing my mind can instantly know exactly what type and make of shower deck you have, and what sort of tanking was used on the walls. I can also tell what sort of tiles you have on the walls and floor, and what sort of adhesive was used to fix them.

Based on my clairvoyant skills I would conclude that...anyone who gives you a definitive answer needs locking up!

Rip them out and see what you get. Or over-tile them and see if they fall off.

Alternatively, if your real purpose for asking the question here was to secure some ammunition to tell your wife that it's all too much hassle and leave well alone, then I agree. It sounds like a load of hassle and you should probably leave well alone :lol:

All the best,

Swedish Mike

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Barry Winson in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.