Discuss Bath foot position dilemma in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jazzhands

Hi, I have just finished tiling the bathroom floor; ceramic on plywood over floor boards.
I am now positioning the bath and as I have tiled the room with the benefit of no bathroom furniture in it, have tiled slightly under the edge if the bath so the bath panels will rest on top of the tiles.
The dilemma I have is that one of the feet of the bath is currently positioned on top of a tile.
I am not sure whether to:

1. leave the foot on top of the tile and drill a few screw holes in the tile to secure the foot down - will the extra weight on the tile cause it to break quickly?
  2. core drill a hole in the tile large enough for the foot to rest on the plywood - will the plywood flex under the weight of the bath and loosen tha tiles fixed to it?
  3. drill a hole in the tile and plywood big enough for the foot to rest on the floor boards - will the floorboard flex under the weight causing the plywood to flex anyway?
Essentially where in the tile, ply, floorboard sandwich should the bath foot ideally sit?
What would you guys do?

Cheers.

Reply to Bath foot position dilemma in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Bath foot position dilemma
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.