Discuss bath pannel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I constructed a bath panel last week using hardibacker onto framework leaving access for taps. On the pics they show before and after grouting and I am going to be using silicone down access panel for easy removal if required :thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSC00352- Reduced.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC00353 - Reduced.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 114
J

jwatson

I constructed a bath panel last week using hardibacker onto framework leaving access for taps. On the pics they show before and after grouting and I am going to be using silicone down access panel for easy removal if required :thumbsup:

thanks for the pics great help.
i can see how your frame was constructed on this side of the bath. how do you support and fix on the other corner of the bath. hope you get what i mean.

L

Lodger

Hi, Know this is an old post, but I make a frame out of 2"X2" with plasterboard screwed to it. This is constructed in a way that i tile the side of the pannel and tile the top of the panel with a tile trim. This panel is then placed in position, Tiled and grouted then I just silicone the edges around to hold the panel in place. If you ever need access to under the bath, then you just cut the silicone all round the panel and remove the whole thing. No unsightly mechanical fixings.
I have to do the same for a curved bath panel. Thats something I have to construct for my next job. If anyone has done one before, then please share your experience.

J

jwatson

think spanish tiler is the man for that job(curved bathpannel)
Hi, Know this is an old post, but I make a frame out of 2"X2" with plasterboard screwed to it. This is constructed in a way that i tile the side of the pannel and tile the top of the panel with a tile trim. This panel is then placed in position, Tiled and grouted then I just silicone the edges around to hold the panel in place. If you ever need access to under the bath, then you just cut the silicone all round the panel and remove the whole thing. No unsightly mechanical fixings.
I have to do the same for a curved bath panel. Thats something I have to construct for my next job. If anyone has done one before, then please share your experience.

L

Lodger

Looking at other posts on curved walls. I will use curved marmox board (with adhesive on the back) screwed on to 2"X1" supports fixed vertically around the curved bath. I will leave this panel fixed and tile with white mosaic tiles and blue mosaic tile skirting. If you more experienced tilers have a better suggestion, then please share.
I want it to look good and have a lasting impression. Some of the pictures I have seen on here are very impressive.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to bath pannel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice! I'm re-tiling my shower after needing to rip...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, hopefully someone can help me. I have a brick wall that’s had render put on it and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Guys, I'm unsure what grout to choose for our latest project and I'm hoping you can help. We're...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
bath pannel
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.