Discuss Bath/shower corner seal in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

nj3434

Hi...Cleaning up bathroom on house we have just moved to.
Its fully tiled and in the shower end of the bath down the corner was a 25mm x 25mm upvc angle which just did not look right.
Removed the angle trim which was sealed on with sillicone.
The gap in the corner of the tiles is about 1-3mm and looks like it had been grouted..lots of grout missing.
In the wider gap it looks like tile adhesive has squeezed into the corner.
Can I run a small bede of sillicone down the corner after cleaning, or should the gap be cleared out....don't want to do any tile removal or cutting..
Any help or tips..

Thanks...

D

Deleted member 9966

hi

where the bath meets the wall tiles should always have a bead of silicone. if the gap between the two has a mixture of grout, adhesive, old silicone, anything else in there, then you need to scrape it all out. once all that gunk is gone, clean it up using soapy water and then dry it, and then get yourself ready with your silicone gun.

There's plenty of advice on here about how to silicone joints between baths and tiles. And if you want to make like totally easy, take a look at one of our sponsors - Corner Tape

:welcome: to the best tilers forum in the world by the way.

GRR :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 9966

ah, an internal corner! yes, silicone silicone silicone! that will work a treat. same advice applies. Get the gunk out, clean it all up, new bead of silicone in it's place.

if there's old silicone stuck on the tiles and in the gap that won't budge, try and get your hands on some Silicone Eater. it shifts stubborn silicone by literally eating it away. it's good stuff. I've used it in the past myself.

Reply to Bath/shower corner seal in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Bath/shower corner seal
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.