Discuss Bathroom fitting in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

brian c

there are lots of people that have done plumbing courses C & G 6129 (£5000) and can not get any work due to not having the nvq2 why not see if there is any one in your area that you could team up with and split the work load that way you can learn plumbing by helping and he/she can learn tiling
makes sense doing it this way if you can find the correct person to do this work with.:thumbsup:

P

pjtiler

makes sense doing it this way if you can find the correct person to do this work with.:thumbsup:
i use to do full bathroom refurbs with a plumber mate of mine sadly cancer took him from us this time last year he was only 39 god i miss him
ive done a few on my own over the last 12 months there hard work when theres only one pair of hands but very enjoyable to do
its worth getting a plumber as your partner if your not up to speed plumbing wise

S

Spud

i use to do full bathroom refurbs with a plumber mate of mine sadly cancer took him from us this time last year he was only 39 god i miss him
ive done a few on my own over the last 12 months there hard work when theres only one pair of hands but very enjoyable to do
its worth getting a plumber as your partner if your not up to speed plumbing wise
sorry to hear about your friend

W

White Room

39 thats no age mate you have my sympathy

C

CLAYS TILES

sorry to hear that m8,i know exactly how you feel,cancer has taken half my family away from me! :35: somethings just aint fair in life and cancer is top of the lot! if they give out awards for disease that would win hands down! oh i'm ranting again,i'm sorry!:thumbsdown:

N

necro777

Taking a plumbing course is a start but wont help if you get a really awkward bathroom to do. Only the experience of working with a time served veteran plumber can get you round some of the little nasties that can catch you out same as any trade. But to get started buy the Plumbing NVQ and Technical Certificate: Level 2 book by JTL. Amason link. Amazon.co.uk: Plumbing NVQ and Technical Certificate: Level 2: JTL: Books

As this is the book used on most college courses.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
U

uug197h

i've done a basic plumbing course so i too can do bathroom refits!
but remember you need to do a water regs course otherwise you can only do plumbing work in your own home,otherwise you need to pay a plumber to sign the work off! if your planning on doing site work you'll need a cscs card!
Clay you do not need water regs you can get registered by the local water company if you have the water regs but no one bothers, there are no reg for plumbers yet so work dose not need to be signed off and to do site work you must have NVQ2 and cscs card, there are a lot of courses out there that will tell you a two week course is all you need with the water regs but i'm sorry there full of s**t you are best of with C & G for domestic and C & G + NVQ2 for sitework, but at the moment plumbers do not need to be registered but it will not be long before they do just like Part p for electrics, then if you have done a 2 week course you will need retraining and it will cost you again

PS Clay i'm not saying you have done a two week course this is so others think before paying out for somthing thats not worth the paper its on

C

CLAYS TILES

PS Clay i'm not saying you have done a two week course this is so others think before paying out for somthing thats not worth the paper its on[/quote said:
too late m8,i did it back in april,course + regs + cscs card scheme =£700:whatchutalkingabout
does this mean i was conned or not???? i was told you need water regs b4 you can go into customers etc!
i only went with what i was told as i didn't want to be another cowboy plumber out for wot he can make! oh by the way i'm not going anywhere near gas! you can kill people if you make a mistake!
atleast the wet side only floods them!!!!:lol:

U

uug197h

Clay if you haven't got nvq2 you can not do plumbing on sites, as there are no regulations for plumbers yet you can do plumbing without doing a course the two week courses are for d.i.yers they will only show you the basic things mainly how to change a bathroom suite (like for like) you have to find out how to do the rest in your customers houses, all i can say is work things out before you start if your not sure ask someone

J

JIMBOB187

If it's a like for like suite swap then your average plumbing course will suffice but what if the house has an old soil stack to replace or has the dreaded micro bore ro what about a sparky for a power shower or a sunken bath with no fall needing a non return valve, all things that can cause problems when quoting and attempting. I tend to engage a few trusted plumbers myself and just make a margin on their work.

Reply to Bathroom fitting in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB