Discuss Bathroom floor best practice in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

K

kaharrison9

Evening All
I am doing my first bathroom floor on Wednesday and would just like to clear a few things up in my mind before.
I am putting down first Hardie backer board then tiling on top.
I keep the Hardie board 3mm from the skirts but do i cut the tiles to have a 3mm gap as well or do i tile right up to the skirts?
If i butt the tile up to the skirts do i push grout into any fine gaps or perhaps use a fine line of silicone?
Also with the floor been raised i don't think the bath panel will fit if i tile under where the panel sits.
Is the best practise then to hold the h/backer back 3 mm from the panel and the tile as well to get silicone between the tile and panel?
Cheers for any advice
Kev

B

brian c

leave a small gap at skirtings to allow wood to expand and contract and yes silicone.

Tile under the bath and sit the bath panel on top as this gives a better finish. Fix some wood to the floor where bath panel will sit so you can glue or screw to it and finally you can cut the base of the panel with a saw,stanley etc no probs.

oh and send some pics as Dave likes them.:yes:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom floor best practice in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB