Discuss Bathroom floor tiling in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
15mm wbp ply minimum. Best option is screw chipboard into joists and get it solid and deflection free. Then overboard with 6mm cement board - this is a better substrate to tile to and gets over the increased height issues ply would cause.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Yes Timmo.

There are 2 6mm cement boards that I use NoMorePly (NMP) and HardiBacker 250.
The Hardibacker is bedded onto a suitable tile adhesive and screwed into the chipboard - It's the screws that do the mechanical fixing but the adhesive fills any voids. Word of warning is that the Hardi screws are 30mm long so there is a danger of hitting pipework under the chipboard if you don't know where the runs are (you can just use 20mm turbo screws).
I prefer NMP's fixing method of NMP megastrength glue and NMP screws.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom floor tiling in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB