Discuss Bathroom floor upstands in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tresco

Hi All,

I'm shortly tiling a bathroom with a big 'busy' tile, rather than tile all the walls I thought less is more and that I'd just tile one complete wall and the double vanity unit area, I've seen the look in some very expensive Octagon show homes and it's very effective, (and cheaper!).

It does though mean that the walls without tile would get marked when sweeping/mopping etc, so I thought of cutting the floor tile into say 100mm strips and fitting to the bare walls, I'd use a finisher on top of the tile..

In your experience chaps a good idea or public toilet look?

G

Gazzer

skirting.jpg doesnt show too well on this photo

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Thanks John it's a Porcelanosa tile bought from an independent, I'll ask the question.

If the independent doesn't stock it, doesn't mean to say they're not available, you could go direct to a Porcelanosa showroom if you have one near.

I would say that 100mm is probably the right height and if you have fixed the tile landscape then you should get 3 pieces from 1 tile with a good cutter :thumbsup: With it being ceramic you will have to trim it.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
SAM_0954.jpg
I've done this a few times, 4" or 100mm is about right. I believe i cut this at around 80mm to match the bottom trim of the modular furniture.
I think upstands work really well at times. I wouldn't of usually used white silicone on these tiles, but this bathroom was foor an old aged pensioner and wanted to be able to see the sealant without getting down to it so he could maintain it himself if necessary.

Last edited:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom floor upstands in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
First of all, I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times so apologies in advance! A...
Replies
Views
Trying to Get bathroom re tiled, had conflicting advice from a few tilers, I’m a total novice...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB