Discuss Bathroom floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

willtile

Hello chaps, been away a long time, and had to reregister. I trained at NETT a couple of years ago. And i've not dpne much tilling for 12 months. A mate has asked me to do his bathrrom floor - at the moment the toilet and sink pedestal are attached directly to the floor boards, and the floor boards are all thats down on the floor. If im gonna ply out the floor with 12 mm ply, and then tile on top, using ceramic tiles with flexi addy, the toilet and pedestal will be raised up by about 20mm. How would i then sort out reconnecting the sink and toilet etc? Would i need a flexi hose for the toilet? What about the sink and pedestal? I would tile round them, but cant really cut the ply round the toilet and pedestal, then tile rouind them - think it would look rubbish. Whats the best solution?

O

Olz

You may well find that the taps are fitted with flexi connectors anyway, which may have 20mm of play in them, the toilet waste can just be replaced with a flexi or offset connector, which you should be able to get from any diy shop or plumbers merchant. If main problem will be the toilet inlet pipe which most likely will not be fitted with a flexi connector and may need extending if theres no play in the pipes. Id do as Dave suggested and remove them then tile if you can.

G

Gazebo

Hi Fischer fixings are a brand name and come in many guises, but the ones in question here are basin fixings which are threaded studs with a tapered screw thread the other end for the wall fixing and a back nut and plastic washer the tighten up onto the basin, normally found under wall mounted basins but also some pedestal basins, hope this helps, also dependent on existing pan connection an offset multiquik may work (they do a 40mm offset now) Mcalpine also do similar pan connecttions.
Be good
Gary:gettree:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post. I’m currently doing a job on my house where we’ve moved the kitchen and...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB