Discuss Bathroom Job - Please advise - thanks in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

pendleh

Hi everyone

Got a bathroom job both the floor and walls. On one wall there is the toilet and sink which are to be removed. Only trouble is Im not sure which order I should tackle it. Do I start with the floor directly under the toilet or the wall behind toilet and sink or does it not matter - thinking about the cuts near the floor? Basically I need to tile behind toilet and sink and tile the floor under the toilet in one go - and possibly the adjacent wall. If you need any clarification let me know. Thanks.

Best Wishes

Howard

M

m.w.tiling

Def walls first for me. In bathroom i like to full tile from the bath or shower if poss, depending on how it works with cuts. I then mark up the walls with a line at the point where the third grout line up is.(more or less depending on tiles size working on 30x30) Take your time working up to this level, the top is then easy. Ive spent a day doing the bottem, but had the entire walls done and grouted by lunch next day. Each to their own tho, I was taught by my dad whos pretty oldschool, but it works 4 me.:grin:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom Job - Please advise - thanks in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone. Hope you are well. I want to learn how to tile and do a fairly basic bit of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Topps Tiles in-store or online - Genuine Feedback, Positive or Otherwise. I used to work in a...
Replies
Views
Just had following work done: downstairs toilet - replaced toilet and sink and tiled the floor...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB