Discuss bathroom needs tanked/waterproofed in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hi all,,just been to see a job,customer has an existing bathroom to be ripped out and wants a kind of wetroom effect,,fully tiled top to bottom,,underfloor heating installed and with a double walk in shower area level with the floor tiles(not a shower tray) he was worried about putting wedi boards up on the plaster walls as he doesnt want his room getting smaller:grin::lol: so i suggested simply tanking all the walls my question after this huge story is ...is tanking the entire room sufficient for a wetroom effect ?? whats your advice people? :thumbsup::grouphug:

D

DHTiling

Kerdi would be good to put up.
Use a premium grade modified thinset to stick the kerdi up and unmodified to adhere the tiles.
Or Mapei HPG using fiberglass on the joints and corners.
HPG is easier and cheaper, yet the result is very water resistant.
Make sure you follow their instructions though.

Schluter uk say it is fine to use modified cement based adhesives on there products over here alberta...I was told not to use modified adhesive as well , so i contacted schluter uk and they said uk specs are different to schluter.com spec which is used in the usa and canada etc.......

So when tiling onto Ditra or kerdi in the uk flexible adhesives are fine...:thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to bathroom needs tanked/waterproofed in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Trying to Get bathroom re tiled, had conflicting advice from a few tilers, I’m a total novice...
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
Hi guys. So, I've been asked to do a bathroom for a customer but I'm not sure the best way to...
Replies
Views
M
Hi This is my first time posting so hope it is in the right place. I am renovating and old...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB