Discuss Bathroom Refurbs in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

BoldreChris

I don't think there's a right answer to this, pjtiling. Some of it is guesswork and some bitter experience. Most of the big materials you can cost and then add your markup and then you know you'll need a lot of silicone, LSX, pipe, connectors, etc. so I just add about £200 for a typical bathroom for all those bits. Then I just imagine my way through the project and estimate how long it will take me and my assistant to complete those tasks. You have to build in a contingency, say 10%, to cover the "unknown unknowns" and then I tot that lot up. It allways looks expensive to me but I guess quality costs.

My quote is then submitted as a "capped" quote so the customer knows the she will not have to pay more than that for the scope of work detailed. And in the end I allways charge less than the cap so everyone's happy.

Most bathrooms cost about £5K to complete but some can be done for £2.5K and one cost £18K !

R

Rookery

i divide work to stages so then i know how long it will take me then im adding a a day ot two for the hidden problems and im multipaying it by a day rates once i got that im adding other expences(fuel, van, tools etc.) and another few quid wich i can nock off when customer is moaning that price is to high.
Thats how I price work up too.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I honestly don't think there is a correct system or a way to answer your question.

Best thing to do is discuss with the customer what they want. Work out what you need and what they desire and then price up what you want for doing it. That's the simpliest way to explain.

But after doing hundreds of fit outs and even more quotes for fit outs. I've never came across two jobs that can be priced the same. Don't think i ever will either.

Total materials + Total labour = price. You'll figure out your own methods once you've got a few under your belt.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom Refurbs in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
uHeat and TilersForums.com go Way Back - And Continue to Partner-up to Bring You Savings on...
Replies
Views
Afternoon everyone, just after a bit of advice on preparing some walls for ceramic, possibly...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB