Discuss bathroom tiling in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

I do walls first, floors last, someone will be straight on to say they do it the other way around and that theirs is the best way, it does not matter, do what suits you. Seal the slate prior to grouting and then again when the grout is dry, keep them clean at all times whilst fixing, if you get a haze on them before grouting you can clean with a slate cleaner available from good tile shops.

:thumbsup:

M

mikit

thanks guy really appreciate your comments, but while looking at floor,tiolet pan pedestal, ive realised that i haven't left enough room to get slate tiles under pedestal is it ok to cut round it? if so how will i remove it to get to pipes should anything go wrong could i get a grinding wheel on bottom of pedestal to make it shorter or is this just plain stupid? thanks again

Yes you can cut around the pedestal etc, much nicer finish if you didn't have to but hey ho, while we're on the subject, what sort of floor is it at the moment, concrete / wood etc.

As for pipes and any fault for that matter, once tiled, if you get a fault, either the floor would have to come up or the ceiling below it would have to come down to get to the problem.

Last edited:
10 cm x 10cm incusive of 3mm spacers

If your not the fastest fixer a tubbed adhesive will do, ( longer pot life ) most of them don't require priming, best to check on the tub when you decide what brand your going to buy. If your confident enough to use a bagged powder adhesive then the wall will need priming, again, depending on brand. If you let us know what you intend on using we can better advise you.

Reply to bathroom tiling in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB