Discuss Bathroom tiling in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ads

TF
Essex
Hi all,
Fairly new here, so apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I'm looking at refitting my bathroom and we have been looking at what tiles to use. I have only bought a sample tile at the moment.
The tiles we have found are a ceramic marble effect 50 x 25cm wall tile, which we would like to tile in a brick-bond effect. The issue I have is the tiles look to be slightly bowed so that where the edge of one row of tiles meets the middle of the tile on the next row the wall doesn't look flat.

Is there any way to overcome this? Or are these poorly made tiles?

By the way the tiles are made by BCT.

Many thanks
Ads

Ads

TF
Essex
Thanks Dan, I have already tiled the sides, so just the top and bottom to do. They are big tiles (600 x 300) so their will only be two tiles 170mm deep stuck up there anyway.

I guess I just need to hope the plaster is stuck to the lintel. :D The plaster seems sound, but I know the plaster is a lightweight plaster with a skim over top. Hopefully I am worrying about nothing.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom tiling in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
I’ve recently had my bathroom tiled. I think a few errors have been made and would like to know...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB