Discuss bathroom wall and floor: does this sound right? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

a-tiler the hun

Hi all.

I've been reading and getting good advice from the various sticky forum posts, really helpful. I'm about to start my first wall and floor project in a small bathroom. I'd appreciate a sense check on what I plan. Here goes....

Room is 2m by 2m floor area. Wall height is a fraction over 2.4m.

Floor
New 18mm moistureproof chipboard tongue and groove flooring on joists with lots of noggins. I've done the 'two fat men' test and there is no noticeable deflection.

Plan is to:
1)Prime with tilemaster acrylic primer.
2)tilemaster ultimate flexible adhesive
3)6mm fibre cement faced insulation board fixed withwashers and SS screws into chipboard (not joists). Tape and adhesive joints on boards.
4) acrylic primer supplied with ufh mat
5) UFH mat
6) tilemaster flexible slc to cover mat.
7) tilemaster ultimate flexible adhesive(using 20mm by 10mm u notch trowel)
8) porcelain tiles 300mm by 450mm
9) tilemaster grout 3000

Wall
New moisture proof plasterboard. Flat and well supported on stud partition.

Plan is to:
1) prime with tilemaster acrylic primer
2) tilemaster ultimate with 7mm u notch trowel
3) ceramic tiles 300mm by 400mm
4) tilemaster grout 3000

Is this a sensible approach? Am I about to make any major mistakes here?

Thanks and Regards

Iain

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to bathroom wall and floor: does this sound right? in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just about to get going on bathroom reno and would very much appreciate if you could...
Replies
Views
I am planning to lay 600mm x 600mm x 20mm slate on to an anhydrite screed. It is a very thick...
Replies
Views
Apologies if this has been asked before and I suspect all tilers have their individual...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB