Discuss Bathroom Wall Prep And Adhesive Advice. in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Cabnero

Hi Guys. I've got to tile my Mums bathroom later in July for which you have already answered some questions. I've just got a couple of quickies re the prep if you dont mind.

The walls are half tiled which will be coming off so no worries there. Above the tiles however, there is a painted , I think render, which has a bobbly finish, not smooth. In the main the paint seems pretty sound but I was going to scrape the walls to flatten them as much as poss. This should loose hopefully miost of the paint. I was goint to use 12.5 mm Marmox in the shower area and 12.5mm plasterboard for the rest. My questions are:

Does the wall need priming before I fix the Marmox board, and indeed the PB.
Will Dot and Dab be sufficient for the plasterboard or is it best to use screws also? If so do I need to use washers as well for the plaster boards? BTW the tiles are 600 x 300 porcelain.

I usually use Bal addy but Ive been looking and Ardex X7 seems more reasonable. Is this ok to use. Presumably its best to keep the same manufacturers for the primer and addy?

Many thanks for your assistance and any additional comments.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom Wall Prep And Adhesive Advice. in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB