Discuss Bathroom/Wetroom refurbs in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

BIMP

Hi guys, im a regular reader of site and has def helped me over the last few years. Im based in Ireland and am setting up a refurbs/bathroom/wetroom from start to finish type business. Eg would be Dolphin bathrooms in uk. I intend to supply and fit the whole lot. What i need is some advice from anyone who has or is doing something similar. Any tips would be appreciated. Also I will be looking to buy all my materials in England (wetroom formers, tanking, etc.)

C

cornish_crofter

I do this sort of thing some of the time. I will do most jobs on the house but I have found I've been doing a few of these, have been getting a name for them.

My tiling isn't up to the same standard as the likes of Dave etc, but I can usually do relitively easy stuff like ceramic and porcelain.

I try to provide a complete service. The biggest problem I've got is the electrics with this Part P. Because I'm not on a Part P scheme I have to raise a building notice, or get someone else in unless I'm just changing like for like. On bigger jobs where there is an electrician on site I tend to liaise with him. Usually they are happy to let me do the work and check it as I go.

The advantage with doing the whole job from start to finish is that you can do stuff they way you want, rather than second guess what the next trader will need.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom/Wetroom refurbs in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I tried to avoid asking this question as I'm sure you're all sick of seeing...
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
Hi guys. So, I've been asked to do a bathroom for a customer but I'm not sure the best way to...
Replies
Views
Evening folks I am about to tile a bathroom floor inc, Impey wetroom tray & UFH. The work up...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB