Discuss Bathroom wood floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

robbieraven

Hi all,

About to start a bathroom floor for some friends in a couple of weeks, I'm relatively new to this so appreciate some advice, on lifting the carpet I noticed it's a mix of ply and chipboard, and seems relatively flat and sound, I have rad much about the movement of wooden bases, so I thought about laying new 6mm ply, with the tiles on top too the height is going to cause a few snags. Then I thought I could Dita it, be good to learn something new? Any thoughts?

Thanks Rob

nybor62

TF
rotherham
6mm ply is big no no
can you not remove the ply and chip board and replace with min 15 mm wbp ply then over board with 10 mm cement board glued and screwed
i understand were ya coming from with the height issue , if your floor is sound with no deflection you may be able to over board over the top with 10 mm cement board again glued and screwed
what tiles are you laying

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom wood floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve recently moved in to a new build property...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB