Discuss Bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

christine

Hi my husband has finally finished rendering our bathroom and we are about to place the order for our ceramic tiles - yipee I thought this day wld never come. What adhesive do you recommend for the walls (the tiles are 30 x 40) and floor (which is floorboards boarded with 18mm plywood). They are light beige stone effect and we are thinking of using ivory grouting- any views on this and which make? Do we need to put the expensive waterproof board before we tile the shower cubicle? thx Christine

C

christine

hi cristine, if you have another loo, no need to really use rapid set, unless you need to tile and grout in the same day, can walk on rapid set after a couple of hours, also if he is not very confidant stick to normal set because it can be very rapid, hope all goes well

thanks, he is a good diyer but first time tiler so it is all a bit daunting. Next question how do you decide which size trowel to use for wall and floor?

How do you decide on spaces - we are using the same tile for wall and floor but as they are not square only two walls will match.

Thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All and thank you in advance. I'm DIY'er with quite good general understanding and capable of...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm new to this forum and I'm in some need of advice. Halfway through a major refurb at...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB