Discuss Battens in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

I would strike a line 2 course up the wall, tile down from that line and put screws in under the last full tiles leaving room for the floor to be tiled then cut in the bottom row later

Easier just fixing a baton to the wall Ash if your trying to monkey about with screws under tiles.
I always try & tile from the floor up but if the floors getting tiled then I will fix a level on the 1st row & tile up from there then tile the floor & fix in the bottom row last.

S

Stef

that's how I am being taught to do it stef so have no choice on the matter mate lol. but tbh I just mark a few course up, strike a line around the room and then work down from that level... then when it comes to chucking the screws into the wall you just have to push the tiles together (with the spacers in place) if ya know what I mean mate? its very effective tbh

I only do this when needed but you would be quicker to stick a batton on the wall Ash,
Depends how heavy your tile is also..

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Rubi batten stands and various lengths of steel box sections to tile from. Then tile floor and do wall cuts.
samare6e.jpg

Reply to Battens in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hello one and all, I have a 240m2 floor tiling job to price, including a tile upstand edged with...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have a shower tray installed and it is sitting away from the wall. I am going to...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB