Discuss Bedding the Mira flight low shower tray in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Speedoman

Hi

I have put a couple of posts previously asking about shower trays and thank you everyone for replying!

I have a question about bedding the Mira flight low shower tray onto plywood with BAL single part fast flex.

I am planning to use a 10 mm trowel as the maximum bedding thickness for BAL single part fast flex is 10 mm.

When you look underneath the Mira flight low shower tray you can see that the outer edge that goes all the way round the shower tray is raised even more than the other raised moulded areas under the shower tray.

After the tile adhesive gets put on the plywood with a 10 mm trowel and the shower tray gets bedded, I would then put boxes of tiles on the shower tray to weigh the shower tray down.

The question I am asking is, does that outer edge that goes all the way round the shower tray interfere with the bedding of the shower tray because it is raised higher than the other raised moulded areas where the tile adhesive is making contact?

If there a different way about bedding the Mira flight low shower tray in tile adhesive, please let me know.

Thank you for any advice!!

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Same as I posted in another thread, if you need to build the bed up you can do it like this and still get a solid bed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 55
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bedding the Mira flight low shower tray in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all. I am a keen DIYer (at home) but have never tiled! I want to tile our small...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Last time I posted here I was having a first attempt at tiling the walls in a shower...
Replies
Views
Waluigi
W
W
Hi all, hope you can help? The last shower tray I stuck down with tile adhesive had a very...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
S
Hi I am looking for a shower tray that is flat underneath. Not like the design of a Mira...
Replies
Views
Speedoman
S

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB