Guest viewing is limited

Discuss before I take my laptop to bits..... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
lol @thedavecomments. :)

When you take it apart, it's highly likely you'll need to put it back together in the reverse order. So you'll find the case may have smaller cases in it, sort of thing, and you tend to find you have a screw or two left over if you don't put it back in the same order some of the screw holes will be hidden from view.

And some things may sort of spring out when you open each part off it. So take everything off slowly. I've had parts I've damaged by just even pulling a case off it before I've unscrewed something fully, even though it did feel loose and I thought I had unscrewed everything.

Everything is just fiddly for a guy with workmen's hands I think is the point I'm making :lol:

Take you time and pictures too if you need to. All the parts are small, some tiny, so wear glasses if you need them :D

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
A whole lot of trouble if your techy and even worse if your not, as PaulYoung666 has said, get a set of usb headphones and speakers, prices vary depending on the quality you want, plug and play compatible so that's all you need, the jack is soldered onto the mobo so you would need to re-solder, it's probably just a dry joint or the connection is a bit loose.

If you do decide to open it, wear an anti static bracelet, a piece of copper wire ( bare ) around your wrist and connected to a radiator. Last thing you want to do is fry your lappy for the sake of sound. Let us know which way your going mate.

D

doug boardley

A whole lot of trouble if your techy and even worse if your not, as PaulYoung666 has said, get a set of usb headphones and speakers, prices vary depending on the quality you want, plug and play compatible so that's all you need, the jack is soldered onto the mobo so you would need to re-solder, it's probably just a dry joint or the connection is a bit loose.

If you do decide to open it, wear an anti static bracelet, a piece of copper wire ( bare ) around your wrist and connected to a radiator. Last thing you want to do is fry your lappy for the sake of sound. Let us know which way your going mate.
I think I'll go the usb headphone route Alan, sounnds lot safer and cheaper:thumbsup:

Reply to before I take my laptop to bits..... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi all, So laid some SLC in my hall and kitchen it's not the first time I've done it but this...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, My tiler has just left and apart from him chatting to me about his life story for majority...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
before I take my laptop to bits.....
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.