Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Beginner - how much pressure to apply to tiles when pressing in to adhesive on wall? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Most tutorials suggest 'pushing firmly'. How do you know how firmly, and how can you ensure that each tile is 'equally' pushed into adhesive, ensuring it's level?
You need to kill the trowel notches. Butter the wall/floor and the back of the tile, then you trowel the wall or tile. You will get a good bond. When you kill the notch, slide the tile left to right or up and down, small moves just enough to kill the notch. Don't forget to send us some pictures!

Reply to Beginner - how much pressure to apply to tiles when pressing in to adhesive on wall? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am in the middle of renovating my bathroom. First of its kind for me! The walls were...
Replies
Views
How would you go about tiling a floor and or wall that's massively out of plumb ? When things...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’ve a fairly basic question I thinks, hope someone can help me out with. I’m...
Replies
Views

DIY Tiling Advice Forum

Trending DIY Tiling Forum Threads

Wetroom and Tanking Systems Popular

Advertisement

Cambs
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler

Thread Information

Title
Beginner - how much pressure to apply to tiles when pressing in to adhesive on wall?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
DIY Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond