Discuss being paid.... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

hi guys instead of me booking an appointment and having to drive up to my advisor for an answer to my question I thought I would post it n here to see what I get.... when I have completed a paid job in what way do I keep proof of that job? do you simply put the money in your bank and keep it on record that way? or do you make your own receipts for completed work? thanks
Keep a good record of all your accounts Ash. With the tax threshold as it is you probably wont have to pay any tax this year anyway, So keep good records especally just starting up, and next year we'll look at offshore accounts. :lol:

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Just get one of these.
Adams Carbon Triplicate Invoice Book - Staples
Available from most stationary shops.
fill it in with your business name and address , customers name, brief job description and amount charged.
give the customer one copy and keep the other one yourself.
dont forget to keep a record of you expenditure as this goes against any tax.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 77

radim

TF
Arms
hi guys instead of me booking an appointment and having to drive up to my advisor for an answer to my question I thought I would post it n here to see what I get.... when I have completed a paid job in what way do I keep proof of that job? do you simply put the money in your bank and keep it on record that way? or do you make your own receipts for completed work? thanks
dont tell wife....

M

Mr Tiler

Just get one of these.
Adams Carbon Triplicate Invoice Book - Staples
Available from most stationary shops.
fill it in with your business name and address , customers name, brief job description and amount charged.
give the customer one copy and keep the other one yourself.
dont forget to keep a record of you expenditure as this goes against any tax.
lol cheers mate il have to get one

R

Rossymcg

Don't tell anyone about cash job,
open up a separate bank account, not a business one though because they charge you for it and all your non cash jobs pay it in to there and use the debit card from that account for all your diesel, materials and tools you then have a record of what's going in and to cross reference and give to your accountant, plus get a simple carbon copy invoice book as other have said,
one last very important thing, always and I mean ALWAYS give a quote via text message or email and get client to reply that they accept that price, you always have some proof come the end of the job,

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Don't tell anyone about cash job,
open up a separate bank account, not a business one though because they charge you for it and all your non cash jobs pay it in to there and use the debit card from that account for all your diesel, materials and tools you then have a record of what's going in and to cross reference and give to your accountant, plus get a simple carbon copy invoice book as other have said,
one last very important thing, always and I mean ALWAYS give a quote via text message or email and get client to reply that they accept that price, you always have some proof come the end of the job,
Be careful with the separate cash account.
Not that I would ever do cash jobs, like anyone else here :sofahide: .
i had a vat investigation a few years back and they asked me why I paid in £5000 into a personal account. ( I sold a racing car) . They accepted my excuse, as I was telling the truth.
The point is they came with that information. I did not show any statements for that account. They can link any of you accounts, including children's. and get access!

radim

TF
Arms
i had a vat investigation a few years back and they asked me why I paid in £5000 into a personal account. ( I sold a racing car) . They accepted my excuse, as I was telling the truth.
The point is they came with that information. I did not show any statements for that account. They can link any of you accounts, including children's. and get access!
TSB says that access to your accounts can be granted with court order only. but they might be lying.....

R

Rossymcg

I'm not saying have a stash account, I'm saying have a different account to his normal current account, so everything is business related in that one account, then transfer over wages/profits to current account,
i had a VAT investigation,I'm a limited company so never looked in to personal account, but seriously got screwed over, a company that had gone bust paid me a substantial amount went bang and never got a cis voucher from them, 2years later vat inspection couldn't prove where that cheque came from because liquidators couldn't find relevant paperwork, so had to pay vat on it,

Reply to being paid.... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, as a novice, I need some advice. Our landscapers have been doing a fantastic job so far...
Replies
Views
Hello - first post please be gentle. I am rennovating a typical 1930s semi. I am doing some...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB