Discuss Best book you have ever read? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
It goes deeper than that, Dan, yes it is the main thread but on so many different levels, it's been years since I read it but it made a big impact on me and everyone else I have since spoken to who read it. Try it, it's not for those who prefer not to look further than their comfort zone... worthwhile read, and a big help before big decisions, too...
Brilliant. I'll get it!
The mrs needs a xmas list and I have pretty much most things I want so wanted some books I don't have. :) Never know which ones though and often just end up with loads in a wish list and I never get any :lol:

Cheers for that. :D

S

Scott

Tom Clancy, Michael Crighton, James Patterson some of Clive Cusslers but they get a bit samey. My favourite has to be Wilbur Smith but he does get a bit long winded with the details. My favourite by him was the first one of his i ever read it was called The Eye of the Tiger. Fantastic book, and a proper 'boys' book i think with treasure hunts and fighting.

I have read the Dan Brown book as well and enjoyed them, Sebastian Faulks isnt a bad authour either 'Bird Song' is a very emotional war story spanning the decades betweent hen and now and well worth a read but it can make you well up a bit!

Edit: The one i really want to read next is Chris Evans autio biog after hearing him on interview the other day, he is a legend! So if anyone was wondering what to get me for Xmas thatll do nicely

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Edit: The one i really want to read next is Chris Evans autio biog after hearing him on interview the other day, he is a legend! So if anyone was wondering what to get me for Xmas thatll do nicely

He's a crafty guy and quite a business man. He's had a party life, a business life, and now quite a consecutive life.

I heard once he had nothing to do, so he bought a van and said he'd do a free pick up and drop off service for the elderly in his area. Basically a free taxi. And he advertised and advertised and nearly nobody wanted to use it lol - one of his less profitable idea's but nice to think he's willing to give and not just make loads of money. :)

I'd like to get that book thinking about it you know.

D

doug boardley

I used to read Lord of the Rings (long beore the films were made) and have read it cover to cover quite a few times, always a new bit in it that I must've missed in earlier readings. For a lot of years I studied Patrick Moore's "Atlas of the Universe" and found that really absorbing. This last year I've been reading Stephen Kings "Dark Tower" series and I think that it has probably made it to the top of my list......at the moment.

Reply to Best book you have ever read? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I am hoping I may be able to get some advice. 2 years ago we had a new kitchen fitted and...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
What are electric cleaning brushes? . Powered by electricity, it can scrub anywhere in your...
Replies
Views
Advice please on setting out bevelled metro tiles in particular situations. 1. For internal...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I would just like to start off by saying that I've been in the construction industry...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Best book you have ever read?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.