Discuss Best Customers ever in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CJ CERAMICS

hi all
started a new job today small bathroom floor and regrout main bathroom.
Arrived at job to be greeted by a cup of coffee (may have mentioned when quoting)
started overboarding floor with hardie backer...and up pops another cuppa and a egg sarnie.

1'oclock and 5 cups of coffee later the husband shouts that dinner is ready??
now i thought that he was talking to his family, but 2 mins later he comes in and says again dinners ready.

Chicken breasts with roast potatoes carrotts and brocolli. Now in this house there are 2 sparky's, a painter and a plumber and me, all sat round the kitchen table having lunch, i turned to the guy sitting next to me dave the painter and asked if it was always like this.
oh yes mate he said i've been here for nearly 2 weeks now and i must have put on a stone in weight.....oh and you get fresh baked apple pie about 4'oclock:yikes::yikes: dont think my pants will fit by the time i leave on friday:thumbsup:

chris

C

Colour Republic

Sounds great!

Although be careful, many years ago some of the boys were working at this cafe and on the first day the owner said 'you'd like a bacon sarnie lads?' of course they obliged, then came the coffees, more food, whatever they could eat.

I thought what a great bloke! until it came to paying and he deducted the 'tab':yikes: , thought it was a joke to start with but he was deadly serious

H

hillhead

3 years ago I got the bulk of a hotel job and the builders, joiners, sparks etc had been enjoying lovely dinners every day in the still operational restaurant! Turns out there was 26 of them and the orders got more extravagant every day until the owner said enough is enough lads. I arrived two weeks after that so no luck there. Lol.
I did get on well with ownner and got a few lovely dinners when on late shifts etc.
I have had dinners of all sorts set down in front of me and believe me one or two were shockingly poor and un eatable. Lol.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Years ago (I know all my posts start like that, groan.....) my partner ( at the time ) and I were working in a domestic bathroom, for a very nice elderly Italian lady. About lunch time she shouted up to us "would you like some SLIMY sandwiches" my mate and I looked at each other grimacing and replied politely "no thank you, we're fine" a few minutes later she appeared at the bathroom door with two cups of tea, and was munching on a very nice looking salami sandwich with all the trimmings, I can't believe you english boys don't like slimy sandwiches, you don't know what you are missing:oops::mad2: Things can get lost with accents:lol: we lost out on that one:thumbsup:

Reply to Best Customers ever in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

P
We can be a negative bunch on here at times, so is anyone doing work for a nice customer these...
Replies
Views
Dougs Third Go
D
R
Hi gys just a quick rant to vent my anger!! and ask for your help (wet room guys) After a long 3...
Replies
Views
Sean SML Tiling
S
I
I'll set the scene. The in laws invited us round for a BBQ yesterday, and these are always well...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, just a quick rant about my customer who is driving me round the bend. Yesterday i...
Replies
Views
Richard Edwards
R
S
I Picked a job up the other day a couple of ensuite walls and floors,(which in todays climate im...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Best Customers ever
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.