Discuss best flooring choice for uneven floor with multiple surfaces in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dgd

Doing some renovations on an old property. We have knocked a few internal walls down to make larger room and want to install new floor. The area to be covered has four different existing floors.
1. wooden floorboard
2. concrete floor with some kind of screed and amtico vinyl on top
3. ceramic tiles
4. rough concrete where old stair case has been removed.

also there is a small (10mm) step between the concrete and the ceramic tiles.

what would be the best floor covering to use for ease of installation and a good result.

i would like some kind of wood or wood effect but i'm not fussy about wether laminate/engineered wood or amitico/karndean vinyl is used.

Reply to best flooring choice for uneven floor with multiple surfaces in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi all, im re fitting my my small wc/cloak room and plan to tile the floor. ( about 2.5 m2) The...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I am having a downstairs small bathroom completely renovated. There will be a new...
Replies
Views
We've got as far as stripping out the bathroom in our new (to us) bungalow dug up floor, laid...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
best flooring choice for uneven floor with multiple surfaces
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.