Discuss Best place to start? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pudding

Hi guys looking for your expert advice on where to start tiling my updated ensuite?
The tiles are approximately 600 x 300. My wife would a full tile above the work top but this would leave a small cut at the top and a half tile at the bottom of the shower tray.

My preference is to start at the bottom of the tray after tiling the tray first which then leaves an approximate half tile above the worktop and a half tile at the ceiling.

Have done plenty of tiling before but always been pretty straight forward

06e2dfc3adcab52dd312fbd5efeb174d.jpg

0d801cbafa32d5df086b01ba692eab8c.jpg

Thanks in advance
Andy

W

White Room

Hi guys looking for your expert advice on where to start tiling my updated ensuite?
The tiles are approximately 600 x 300. My wife would a full tile above the work top but this would leave a small cut at the top and a half tile at the bottom of the shower tray.

My preference is to start at the bottom of the tray after tiling the tray first which then leaves an approximate half tile above the worktop and a half tile at the ceiling.

Have done plenty of tiling before but always been pretty straight forward

06e2dfc3adcab52dd312fbd5efeb174d.jpg

0d801cbafa32d5df086b01ba692eab8c.jpg

Thanks in advance
Andy

Is that all you will have above the worktop....

P

Pudding

The bond? Guess you mean the tile pattern?
Having spent the whole evening planning it on paper with paper cut out of tiles what do you think of this method?
Whole tile above the vanity unit with half tiles in each corner. This would leave me a straight edge running up the vanity wall where there is going to be a mirror. The units are 500mm so mirror was going to be the same width.

With 5mm grout lines this would leave about 10mm gap at the top and an approximate 100mm cut tiles around the shower tray.
One problem with this would be that on the internal wall (1200mm) I would have a full next to a cut half tile on the return side wall. Would this look ok? A way round this is to have a brick bond layout?

Sorry for so many questions!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Best place to start? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Might be an easy question for the pros! I have a 12x14 tile that I am going to...
Replies
Views
Hello guys. I came upon and registered with this forum while doing some research on decoupling...
Replies
Views
hats67 - Yesterday at 11:48 PM Add bookmark #1 Hello guys. I came upon and registered with...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB