Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Best Suppliers in Swansea? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
Can anyone recommend a cheap supplier for addy etc in the Swansea area? At the moment I find Selco cheap for tubbed Dunlop gear but their powdered range is poor. Tried Topps but dont want a second mortgage just yet!:thumbsdown: Any Suggestions would be welcomed.

Hi Simon,

If you have to use Topps, they do a Bal product and rebrand it as Toppfix, at a third of the price. Worth talking to them.:thumbsup:

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
I thought toppfix was made by Palace..??[/QUOT

I bought some a few weeks back and the guy said it was made by Bal, but they'd rebranded it under their own name, it was a grey single part flexi, and it certainly seemed similarr to Bal's spf, but I suppose they can tell you anything, it's not as if I was going to ring Bal up:smilewinkgrin:

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
Expect to pay just into double figures for your average spf. You might have to argue with Topps that you're trade though, that's why I don't deal with them. I went in to buy an spf, picked up a bag of branded Bal adhesive with my overalls on showing the name of my company and covered in tile addy and silicon, (obviously a tiler!!) and they rang the price through the till of approx £45:yikes::yikes: to which I said something along the lines of "you're having a laugh" with more expletives attached, then said "forget it"I was going to go 5 or so miles down the road where I could get an spf for a third of the price. He suddenly remembered that he had some toppfix out the back which was made by Bal and about the price I was talking about, so I was then sorted. But you just don't get this sort of crap from any of the others. Oh yeah, the manager was advising this young lad at the time. Outrageous!!:thumbsdown:

Reply to Best Suppliers in Swansea? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
This is especially for "customers" -anyone who wants to buy or choose their own tiles (whether...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
A
Hi, I’m still planning my first proper tiling job (in my own house) and have been trying to get...
Replies
Views
_Adrian
A
U
Hi All, Looking for your opinions on this.... Started a job today, well tried to! Job...
Replies
Views
D
London retailer Ideas Bright are one of the largest retailers of 365Drills brand PORSADRILL...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Best Suppliers in Swansea?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.