Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss best tile cutters in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

T

tiler burden

just spoke to a guy from uktooltrader and he said that the reason the new rubi is so cheap is because it doesnt come witha case and apparently, rubi dont actually make one for this model???

due to the increased height of the ti66s and the fact that everything folds away, then there is'nt a need for a case. maybe mark from rubi could shed more light on that one?

by the way, do sigmas come with a case??

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tiler burden

as long as neil can keep doing the good deals, then i'll keep buying. seriously, i would rather put the money neils way due to the fact he's a really decent fella to do business with. he always tries his best to give you the most for your money
ahemmm, thats another 10 quid off for me neil!!

just to let you all know, the reason for no case is due to the height of the new rubi, single rail height and thickness restricts this. fair play to rubi, thats how they out sell the competition by aiming at every angle...,marshalltown do the same with the plastering market even though alot of pro spreads swear by tyzack.

P

Peter

I have a couple of Sigmas, they seem to be the industry standard here in N. Ireland.

The Rubis and twin rail push cutters feel slow and awkward to me. I can get a faster neater more accurate cut on the pull Sigmas but I suppose its just what you're used to.

I was working in Nottingham a few months ago along with an English tiler. He was using my Sigma 5a and said how much better it felt than his Rubi machine and how much smoother a cut it gave on the travertine.

Can generally get a good price on the Sigmas too, paid around £150 for a 5A and £190 for a 4A.

Another good overlooked machine is a Siri, modelled on the Sigma design.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Droopy

RUBI have just launched a cutter which is far better than the Sigma. It is called a TI-T, and is available in 66cm and 75cm. It is used the same way as a Sigma but has more features like quick change scoring wheels, Height adjuster and quick lock measuring device. The cutter has 1000kg of breaking power and is cheaper than a sigma

How is that new cutter far better than a Sigma?
It looks almost identical. :yes:

As for the height adjustment and quick lock measure guide, Sigma all have those.
Some have a manual height adjustmen,t others have a special handle with a bearing that alows for auto adjustment.

And your quick change soring wheel may sound like a good thing, but how robust is it. And is there any chance of you losing a wheel easily whilst the cutter is in the back of the van?
It only takes a minute to change a Sigma wheel anyway.
They also outlast Rubi wheels by a huge distance, so are changed less often too.

As for price, you can get a Sigma for pretty much the same money as the £200 or so that that new Rubi will cost.
Diatech in Perth do very good deals on Sigma cutters.

Those who asked about cases, no Sigma don't have cases.
There are no parts that easily fall off.
And it will not be easily damaged in the back of the van.
So they do not need a case.

Reply to best tile cutters in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi Peeps, I'm new to this site but been in the game a looooong time :) Looking to purchase a new...
Replies
Views
Hello. I’m about to do a patio around a pool outside. I’ve been looking at manual scribe and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking at getting a sigma. I am contemplating between the sigma ceramic cutter...
Replies
Views
Welcome to the Which Tile Cutter is Best? Thread I'm tidying up the forum a little bit, and in...
Replies
Views
Hi Gents, I've got two cutters, a TS-40 and a TS-60, along with a wet saw. However I'm finding...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
best tile cutters
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • BAL

Votes: 25 29.4%