UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Best way to use underfloor heating in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I'm no expert but it appears to be. It's an old house but I didnt have this problem with rads.

Rads work primarily by convection so the heat circulates from the radiator upwards to warm the ceiling and the top part of the room first. Nderfloor heatin,g works primarily as a radiant panel so the energy is radiated rather than convicted. Typically this will heat the bottom part of the room only ( 2meters ish) and very little warmth will be at the top hence the ceiling will be much colder than it was with rads. That is why you will get condensation now but did not before.

So at least you now know why it is happening.

I suspect that the only way to solve tis would be ventilation but in all honesty I am not certain. perhaps a call into warm up themselves might help. It am be that the fans you have installed are not offering enough air change to stop the moisture build up.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
You can warm up your underfloor heating with the help of electric fireplace. You can also use the many types of fireplace available in the market.

Hmmm..... An electric convector in a bathroom to help overcome a problem with a radiant panel heating system..... No offense intended but not really the safest or the most logical advice.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Best way to use underfloor heating in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there, hoping for some help here. I am about to install a small (2.2x2.5m approx) area of...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Hope you are all having a fantastic Xmas. To cut a long story short I have installed...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.