Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Best Wet Saw on budget in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Ant

Hi again

I'm trying to figure out which wet saw to buy within my budget for £100-£150.

I've got my tiling course booked for two weeks time. Could only afford to do a short course, so trying to give myself a headstart on things.

I already have a job lined up straight after my course- my mum's bathroom hopefully in travertine. Been reading the forums about substarte prep, weight and addy's/grouts, etc. and am getting a good grasp thanks to you guys :thumbsup:. I know sounds a bit deep end having a go with the travertine, but its my mum's so if it takes me a while, and a few mistakes, its fine, it'll be good practice.

Few questions, if i may:

1) Any ideas for a decent enough wet saw that'll cut trav efficiently? Can only part with £100-£150 for this. I know thats not going to buy anythin special, but as long as it does for 6-12 months thats fine.

2) Whats the best method/tool for cutting travetine in 'free shapes' such as round toilet, etc. or is it best to remove and install toilet on top? Again budget suggestions would be great.

3) Will I need any other tools, apart from the usual fare, for the trav?

Thanks again everyone, appreciate the advice, and promise to 'put in' as i get more clued up on tiling. Will also be giving course feedback, and let you all know how things go with the trav, etc

:8:Cheers

Ant

S

Scott

Have a look at Trade tiler, he sells the Vitrex which is a good wet saw for the money. Also try searching through previous posts as im sure this one has ben asked recently and there was responses from lots of tilers who have diferent cutters. A lot of it is down to the blade, a decent blade can make a poor cutter brilliant.

I do tend to ust my cutter dry on travertine as its much cleaner way to work, it shortens the blade life but is much quicker as you dont have to dry each tile off as you go.

As for free shapes, remove the toilet/obtacle if you can it give such a nicer fnish especially on such a thick tile. You can also use a grinder to cut them but again ith a decent blade.

Oh and dont forget to back skim them with adhesive to fill the holes :thumbsup:

D

David - Tradetiler

Good advice on filling the backs Scottley

Tradetiler Wet Tile Saws

• Cast alloy deck
  • Unique water re-circulation system
  • 180mm dia wheel inc (16mm bore, reversible flange alows 22.2mm bore blades)
  • 25mm cut depth
  • Height adjustable wheel guard
  • Flip-up table plate for 15°, 30°, 45° mitres
  • Hi-Torque 750 watt quiet induction motor
  • Direct drive for smooth cuts
  • Carry handle
  • Cable winder
  • Automatic overload reset button
  • Table size: 50cm D x 55cm W
  • Cutting guide - use left or right
  • Fully adjustable sliding angle guide
  • Click-grip calliper lock
£86.95 + VAT

http://www.**************/acatalog/vitrex-750-220.jpg

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Good advice on filling the backs Scottley

Tradetiler Wet Tile Saws

• Cast alloy deck
  • Unique water re-circulation system
  • 180mm dia wheel inc (16mm bore, reversible flange alows 22.2mm bore blades)
  • 25mm cut depth
  • Height adjustable wheel guard
  • Flip-up table plate for 15°, 30°, 45° mitres
  • Hi-Torque 750 watt quiet induction motor
  • Direct drive for smooth cuts
  • Carry handle
  • Cable winder
  • Automatic overload reset button
  • Table size: 50cm D x 55cm W
  • Cutting guide - use left or right
  • Fully adjustable sliding angle guide
  • Click-grip calliper lock
£86.95 + VAT

http://www.**************/acatalog/vitrex-750-220.jpg

Good machine, good price David:thumbsup:

2020Tiling

Thanks for the advice guys.

That was one I had been looking at, amongst many others. I looked at some of previous threads, everyone raving about the DeWalt but way out of my range for now. Looks like the Vitrex 'll do for me (i'll be in touch when i've saved my pennies David!)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ant
I've got one, there good cutters. i would go for the 110v one and also buy a transformer incase you get any site work in the future :thumbsup:

Reply to Best Wet Saw on budget in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Looking for recommendations for the Job I’m doing in a fortnight as theyve just told me the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm faced with a bit of a conundrum regarding the state of our shower recess, as well...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've recently completed a two week course at uk pro tiling. Loved it and really want to...
Replies
Views
Tile Shop
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Best Wet Saw on budget
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.