UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss best work trousers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

adamunited

After trying out several different pairs of work trousers another lad recommended Snickers Floorlaying trousers. At £75 a pair they are expensive but i have to say worth every penny. i used to have problems with my knees but since using these i have had no problems. does anyone know where the best place ie cheapest place is to get some more or can anyone recommend any they may have used?

D

doug boardley

I've always rated these bosch trousers, but I think they've changed the material/design now

33699_1542302070564_1025320376_31548900_7795480_n.jpg

F

Fliselege

I get 2 pairs of Blåklåder free every year from my main wholesaler flisekompaniet, plus 2 nice hoodies (innit), 2 sweaters and 2 t-shirts all Blåklåder gear but i wouldn't pay full whack for them if I had to, think they go for £80ish same as Snickers. I have recently bought a pair of pirate shorts with knee pad pockets for £15 for the summer and a pair of camouflage work trousers for £30 from mine and Swedish Mikes favourite shop Jula. No way I'd throw £80 at a pair of strides that'll be covered in glue, grout, silicone and screed pretty soon after walking on site.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Don't buy Dewalt work trousers. I now have to wear black underpants/shorts because the 3 pairs of trousers I have are all split in the crotch area. Great ventilation in the Summer!! Do you find that some trousers have too many pockets - very frustrating when i'm looking for my car keys.

D

doug boardley

Don't buy Dewalt work trousers. I now have to wear black underpants/shorts because the 3 pairs of trousers I have are all split in the crotch area. Great ventilation in the Summer!! Do you find that some trousers have too many pockets - very frustrating when i'm looking for my car keys.
that's one of the reasons I hardly ever answer my phone when I'm at work! by the time I've put down a tile, trowel etc and hunted about in the pockets, it's always rung off:lol:

A

Alan M

for my carpentry etc i use snickers but for tiling i only use dunnes finest. 8 euro and last years. im in the market for cheap ones for tiling as they get distroyed in addy.
i hate all the pockets too. i have a habit of putting my pencils etc in my pocket,on the snickers you could have one in each pocket.

i usually just keep an eye out in local hardware stores for offers and sales. sometimes they have 25 %off. 50 %on odd sizes too

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Ireland
my bosch one's, the first pair I got, are still going strong after 5 years, I've got 5 pairs now so all being well I should be okay for rest of my working life....oh price are about £40:thumbsup:

Doug, do you use kneepads over the trousers, or in pocket kneepads?

I cannot use strap on kneepads, so use the snickers floorlayers trousers. The last ones I bought were the new design of these and lasted no-where near as long as the previous ones.
They're not cheap but the old ones lasted well so were worth it, With these new ones now I'm not so sure, so watching this with interest

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to best work trousers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.