Discuss Bike Shop Tiling Ideas ... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillhead

Hello fellow beings and tilers :smilewinkgrin:
I'm lucky to be busy with work at the minute so heres another one i have in bag.
It's a local bike shop which has relocated after a fire in their previous shop.
I have the contract for tiling this new one, i have well over 300m2 on first measurements with more to come later as the builder move walls etc.
Here's my thing.. The owner has left it in my hands just like he did with his own bathroom 3 months ago !!
Happy days then, i'm thinking of a light coloured 600x600 for main areas laid diagonally, straight etc and borders etc.
Has anyone any links etc or pics of shop floors done etc?

H

hillhead

Thanks Jamie and Gisela, sure is a good job Jamie.
I know the guys in there well too, i hope the builders do a good job re screeding etc.
I'v not had a figure put to me yet but i have mentioned one that i think will do it all roughly.
As soon as i find my main tile i'll go from there, i have 33m2 of timber effect tile in my van and showed them a sample, it might work around certain areas to create a timber effect frame. All ideas so far but they loved the sampe.

H

hillhead

Big shop for sure, i even have a wet room to tile in it for washing bikes..lol.
The timber effect tiles i have are for a job starting on monday and are 800mm long.
I can get narrower ones and cut them to same size as whatever tile i get so this is gonna be fun.
The man trusts me well now, i'v known him a few years now and have bought lenty from him including mountain bikes, kids bikes, karts etc.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bike Shop Tiling Ideas ... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi there I’m new to Tile Forum and joined to get professional opinions because I really need...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have a DIY link or suggestions for removing just a single central tile from a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Bike Shop Tiling Ideas ...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.