Discuss Bikers? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Who are the bikers on here.

My lad (22) had a scooter when at college, then joined army so the scooter got sold. He was back home on leave a month ago, and has always wanted to get into bikes. (Not having one of them death traps, I continually said)
Anyway, he booked his CBT, and I jokingly said, "book me in, I'll do it with you" and he bloody did without me knowing until the day before. We both did it, and I throughly enjoyed it.

He is now trying to talk me into going "50/50" on a 125cc thingy...........which he will buzz about on when on leave. Anyone selling any 125's

I'm 53 this year, and my wife thinks I'm having a mid life crisis? Maybe I am. :)

O

Old Mod

Bikes are only death traps if u don't respect them and what they can do!
In fact car drivers could do worse than spend 6 months on a bike before learning to drive! Teach them road sense and make them appreciate the difficulties that bike riders have to endure everyday, like continual defensive riding and having to preempt car drivers who panic at the very sight of a bike in their rear view! Haha
Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of young idiotic bike riders out there, but also, just as many idiotic young car drivers. Only the car drivers typically hurt a lot more people when they make a mistake!
Unless u've experienced riding a bike properly, not riding illegally on a borrowed machine as a kid, haha it's unfair to put us all in the same pigeon hole!
But then I'm biased! :D

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
im 50 next year and have been riding bikes since the age of 16....
never been without a bike ....love them.....the adrenalin filled buzz you get from them is something to be experienced......yes they can be dangerous ...some bikes can go from 0-100 in 5.5 seconds and reach 180mph....which is why you need to be experienced to ride them.....imo it makes you a much better road user.
this is a pic of my current bike...
008.JPG

and this is the bike I sold 2 years ago...that I bought from new
bike 006.JPG

O

Old Mod

I've had bikes since I was 15 but sold my R1150GSA to pay the VAT man when I moved over here 6 years ago. I then had to sell my 916 track bike that I'd had for 13 years to buy my van. Bloody gutting every time I get in the van it reminds me, but needs must. One day I'll have enough money to buy another....
Been there, done that! :( It kills!!!

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
Had bikes on and off for years, not got one at the moment though. Maybe next year....... Will be a track bike though as I've no interest riding on the roads again. Had too many near misses, admittedly some of those were my fault but many weren't. I also need to watch my licence after managing to rack up a few points in a very short space of time!

C

Concrete guy

There's a reason that surgeons refer to bikers as "organ donors" and it has nothing to do with your own ability.

The lack of protection and other idiots on the road is the problem, but I totally understand the freedom of riding one.

I raced cars (on circuits) when I was younger and have a pretty good degree of car control but I just wouldn't consider riding a bike on public roads, just too much risk for me.

O

Old Mod

There's a reason that surgeons refer to bikers as "organ donors" and it has nothing to do with your own ability.

The lack of protection and other idiots on the road is the problem, but I totally understand the freedom of riding one.

I raced cars (on circuits) when I was younger and have a pretty good degree of car control but I just wouldn't consider riding a bike on public roads, just too much risk for me.
Well if u want real freedom Alan, chuck urself outta plane! :D Trust me there is NOTHING like it! Haha

I'm itching for another bike. Was a biker from the age of 16 way back in 1984 when I first took to the roads on a Yamaha RD50. That didn't last long and I changed to the RD250 a year later, still remember to this day driving it for the 1st time and nearly messing my pants when I opened the throttle :). Moved onto the RD350LC a couple of years later after saving like a maniac on apprentices wages. Used that bike daily and then bought a Honda CBR900 in 1993. What a weapon that was, had it on the rolling road and clocked it at 186 MPH. That was my last bike as the kids started arriving and the other half made me get rid of it to buy a decent family car. All this reminiscing is putting me in the mood to get back on 2 wheels lol.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I had an rd350 LC got it stan stevens stage 3 tuned.......thing went like stink.

My current bike is a kawasaki vn 800 looks like a harley but half the price.

The green bike was a triumph speed triple 1050.....best bike I've owned the torque on it was unreal......would nearly pull your arms out there socket...:D

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bikers? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

O
So if you had the chance to go with Bill and Ted to ANYWHERE in History and ask just ONE person...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
Seems the tiler did follow the former here: Bodged Or Not? You'll notice me avoiding blaming...
Replies
Views
R
hi there I'm not a tiler but my partner is (24 years in the trade). My partner has recently...
Replies
Views
Bit of a strange subject title for a tiling forum, but that’s what I’ve had for the past 10...
Replies
Views
Russell brown
R
S
For the 1st time in the last 10yrs I'm seriously considering chucking the tiling game!!! I was...
Replies
Views
charlie1
C

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB