Discuss bit of a delima. need advice in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cone

I'm in middle of doing a bathroom refit and removed 25 year old tiles of cement board upstairs in an old house. From the very first tile I was taking off I new i was in for a hard days work, 8 hours constantly chiiping away with my dewalt SDS. I'd say half of the tiles came off with leaving a nice background for tiling off but the rest took the cement board with it. Now I'm wanting to know what's the wait time scale for tiling if I float the patches with sand and cement. I was going to use rapid set addy but there's places around the window reveal that's heavy. It was full of bonding but came away very easy when removing tiles. I'm stuck for time because the customer needs me out of the house by next week and need to know the quickest option. I also have to tank over some areas near the window :(.

Im sure weve all been in this situation before and swift replies will be much appreciated

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to bit of a delima. need advice in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB