Discuss Bit of a set back in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Went out to start tiling the showroom I'm putting some displays in today, and they have had a bit of a fire over Christmas! One of the wood flooring lads had been in the garages putting linseed oil on some solid oak planks and left the rags in a bag with all the sawdust and off cuts! Fire wasn't as bad as it could have been but, the smoke damage is horrific. All the stone I was supposed to be fitting is smoke damaged and I'm not sure it will clean up, not a great way to start the new year.
ady6y4u3.jpg

y7uze2ep.jpg

ezy3ypu6.jpg

y2eru4ur.jpg

4aqagesy.jpg

I

Ian

You might be surprised how clean you can get the stone bri... hoover it before you wet it.. then grimex.. see how it goes.. if not then a call to PHG and explain what happened.

The kestane seems ok Dave, it's the ivory trav that's gone a bit black on the edges, I'm hoping it'll clean ok, it was on the bottom shelf of the racking so isn't as bad as the stuff on the top shelves. £1000's of pounds worth of Amtico and carpets is knackered, nowhere to store anything til it's sorted, that's the biggest inconvenience.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bit of a set back in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hello all. We have employed a tiler to do our bathroom and floor tiles. We bought the tiles...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I'm doing a total refit of my bathroom, including the floor which is water damaged...
Replies
Views
So, I bought my first home with my wife after saving for about 10 years and have been thrown...
Replies
Views
Hey so I have recently bought a new build house and wanted my floors tiled, I bought the tiles...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB