Discuss Black Limestone Flags in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

AlanR

I've had a patio and pathways paved with Indian Black Limestone. As the Black Limestone can loose it's colour in sunlight, it's requires sealing.
The builder recommended a manufacturer he used for sealants.
After I had checked with the manufacturer, to find a suitable product to use.
The builder then used matt block paver sealer.
At first it looked great.
Then the flags turned grey. It seems the sealer was applied on too hot a day.
The solvent evaporated and just left a coating on top of the flags, instead of penetrating the flags.
This coating is now slowly coming off.
Can anyone please help.
Hope I'm in the right area.
Sorry for the long post.

D

DHTiling

HI Alan and welcome..

Not many cleaners are suitable for Limestone so be careful..

LTP sell a one called Grimex, this will remove the old sealer.. then rinse well and leave to dry and then seal with LTP colour enhancer and stain block, this will deepen the colour and seal at the same time..

LTP Grimex

Description: LTP Grimex is the answer to stubborn grime, old layers of wax or acrylic and even rubber sole marks on terracotta and natural stone flooring. Suitable for use on glazed and unglazed tiles, this product is excellent for renovating old quarry tiles, terracotta, slate, stone, marble and stone fireplaces.

Tips: Pick this product if you have stubborn dirt and grime, greasy films, dirty grouting, old layers of acrylic sealers and wax, rubber sole marks on glazed ceramics and porcelain, old and tired looking tiled floors, soot marks on stone fireplaces...

Technical Data Sheet (PDF)

LTP Colour Intensifier and Stainblock

Description: Suitable for sealing wall and floor tiles and enhancing the natural colours, characteristics and appearance of travertine, quarry tiles, terracotta, brick, slate, flagstones, limestone, granite work-tops and tiles, terrazzo etc. with a matt finish. Provides effective resistance to staining from coffee, wine and other domestic fluids. Performs well in wet areas, including bathrooms and swimming pool surrounds. Maintain with LTP Waxwash on floors and LTP Stonewash on walls.

Tips: Suitable for interior and exterior use and on floors that have no damp proof course.

Technical Data Sheet (PDF)

You can but these online direct from LTP LTP Online or from any Tile giant store..

Search results for: 'sealers'

LTP Colour Intensifier Natural Stone Sealer 1ltr - Tile Cleaners And Sealers - Tile Accessories

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Black Limestone Flags in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

We have just laid an outdoor patio and path using black limestone (now wishing I’d perhaps...
Replies
Views
I have a patio tiled with tumbled grey limestone. Every year I clean it and seal with LTP stone...
Replies
Views
M
We had black limestone laid in May this year. At first it looked great... It had 2 coats of...
Replies
Views
Jelthetiler
J
L
Hi, I wonder if anybody can help, I have just had my garden laid with black kota limestone...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
Hello all, Right, Ive done a 110sqm of limestone continuous floor. Its a non polished (matt)...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Black Limestone Flags
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.