Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Black polished Porcelain Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

NikkiYasmin

Hi all. I year ago I had black polished procelain tiles laid. I was told they did not need sealing. However after a few weeks the shine disappeared and not matter what I try I cannot revive them. They look old and almost dirty. I clean with flash, porcelain cleaners, soapy water but no joy.
I was now thinking of hiring a floor polisher but not sure if that would be a waste of money.
:dizzy2:
Any ideas please, Any would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Nikki

N

NikkiYasmin

Is it 600x600 from one of the big DIY centres?
They've started to put up a sign now saying they need to be sealed.
Hope youv'e still got the receipt.
This tile was less than £10 per metre so.......you take a chance.
I bought the tiles from Elite Tiles and they were really expensive. The worst part is that a few months later B&Q started to sell some that looked exactly the same except that they were matt whereas mine came waxed and totally polished.
That's why I'm so upset cos I spent so much and they now look old and sheenless.

Thanks
Nikki

F

Floor_Restorer

Hi Nikki,

I have come across this before a number of times. Basically, they need to have a good degreasing clean and then a sealant designed for porcelain that has a high gloss finish applied and polished off.

If it is a kitchen area of around 15-20m/2 I would do the following:
1. Buy some LTP Grimex (1 litre) LTP Online | Product Basket and wash the tiles in a weak solution of that.
2. Rinse it thoroughly with clean water and mop it all up, leaving it to dry out. Preferably overnight.
3. Buy a litre of LTP MPG Sealant, which will make the tiles 'sing' (!) again. This stuff really works well on polished porcelain. Apply it with a cloth, in light, damp coats. Buff it off with a cotton cloth. - OR hire a polishing machine (like a janitors floor machine) and use a white pad (the hire shop will know what it is). This will save polishing elbow grease!
4. Maintain with LTP Waxwash, or Fila Floor detergent, or Lithofin Easycare, or even Ecover Natural Floor cleaner.

DON'T use Flash, Daz or Cif as this is what is making the floor look dull, as it is stripping away the shine.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Tom

P.S don't worry about the B&Q tiles............

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Black polished Porcelain Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought a house dated around the 1920/30s and found black and white tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have completed some smaller tiling jobs before in the kitchen etc but this is my first...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Black polished Porcelain Tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.