Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Black Quartz Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Matt

Went with Tiles HQ in the end - good delivery terms for the smaller orders (just had to spend £125 to get free UK delivery), the worst thing about their delivery was being stuck with 3 pallets to get rid of - the van driver didn't want them back!

Had 2 "unusable" tiles, one had 2 sides of bevel missing and the other had no scraping down the back so I was worried about adhesive grip. Wasn't sure if I could chase a refund/credit note on these, it'd cost as much for me to return them

Got my tiling done a month ago, but as it was a total refit and as a DIY'er I have to fit everything around my weekends, i'm not quite finished yet. Just a little bit of superficial painting yet to do, peel away the masking tape and it's done. When it's done i'll post pics (the World Cup matches are getting in the way of that at the moment!).

I was pretty pleased overall with the Tiles HQ buying experience.

Monkey,

Please accept our apologies for the unusable tiles. We will arrange a collection for the two tiles and refund the cost of them back onto your card.

M

monkeyhanger

Matt: Not sure if I still have them. The one missing 2 bevelled edges was stuck to the wall and when I was levelling it out I noticed the lack of bevelling and took it straight back off - I think it was binned.

No need for a refund, i'll be ordering some more tiles to do my main bathroom out in a few weeks (during works shutdown) - maybe you could just chuck 2 extras in? I'll probably be after another 40ish tiles, as I have some left from the ensuite and only want to go 2 high around the bath

I was impressed with the tiles - easy to cut on the plasplugs cutter with a nice clean edge after cutting, not at all brittle and they didn't need sealing to grout due to their very smooth surface (I was quick to take excess grout off).

The ensuite is finished apart some some final painting up of the skirting boards and a few other masked off edges - a few hours work at most. I'll post pics of the finished article.

D

diamondtiling

Matt: Not sure if I still have them. The one missing 2 bevelled edges was stuck to the wall and when I was levelling it out I noticed the lack of bevelling and took it straight back off - I think it was binned.

No need for a refund, i'll be ordering some more tiles to do my main bathroom out in a few weeks (during works shutdown) - maybe you could just chuck 2 extras in? I'll probably be after another 40ish tiles, as I have some left from the ensuite and only want to go 2 high around the bath

I was impressed with the tiles - easy to cut on the plasplugs cutter with a nice clean edge after cutting, not at all brittle and they didn't need sealing to grout due to their very smooth surface (I was quick to take excess grout off).

The ensuite is finished apart some some final painting up of the skirting boards and a few other masked off edges - a few hours work at most. I'll post pics of the finished article.

Just to add as a precaution for anyone thinking of fitting similar tiles, sealing before grouting is advisable.

:thumbsup:

M

monkeyhanger

Diamond tiling - Do you only advise sealing on Quartz tiles to stop the grout mucking up the tile surface, rather than sealing the tile from water absorption as they're supposedly water impervious?

So if mine are grout free then there's no need to seal afterwards in my case?

I found the Mapei Ultracolour easily wiped from this type of tile, maybe if you were a bit slow in getting the excess of it'd have been harder to get rid of without sealing.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Matt

That's no problem. We will add a couple extra tiles to your next order.

Reply to Black Quartz Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know how I can get hold of some discontinued Seramiksan Teos Black 33 x 33 tiles. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping I may be able to get some advice. 2 years ago we had a new kitchen fitted and...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Black Quartz Tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.