Discuss Bloody numpties in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
Been to look at a wetroom this morn.
And the lot needs ripping out!its been tiled on tile and all the tiles are moving.
This is the advice off the two previous tilers! That have been to quote!
Customer:
I have had two previous quotes describing the work as:
1. To fix the problem permanently would need all the floor tiles in the cubicle replacing as they were not fitted correctly over the existing tiles I would suggest removing the grout from around the tiles and filling the joints with clear silicone to provide a waterproof flexible joint
2. Tiles have been laid on top of existing tiles which has raised the floor level of shower room. The waist in shower should be level with tiles. Job description- to re-grout floor tiles inside shower plus the step into shower. To silicone seal around waist where grid is plus all round edges to make water tight.?????!!!
What's going on idiots!!!!
I've had to tell him there's no quick fix its got to be done properly if he wants a quick fix don't call me....!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bloody numpties in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB