Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Bloody Topps in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Small job I had on last Wednesday/Thursday.

Barn conversion which is rented out most of the year for holiday lets. Closed for this month for decorating.

Part tile bathroom walls and floor
Plumber had done his bit, and in I came and tiled walls. (No Problem)

I turned up to do the floor (3.5-4m) The tiles are next door they said and then they left me the keys and went away for a few days.

I looked at the tiles and noticed 2 colours (nuts, they didn't say 2 colours)
Anyway I tiled the floor in chequerboard fashion, and finished it off. Locked up and left.

Dropped keys off with plumber so he could do his bit a today.

Had a phone call today to say they thought the tiles were all the same colour, and they didn't like the chequerboard look :rant:

Turns out that Topps tiles gave them 2 different colours instead of the 1.

Monday, plumber said he would rip them up and could I retile. Topps is supplying more tiles and cement.........and customer will pay me again.

Strange life this self employed business :8:

Last edited:
G

graham31

Not want to criticise you CJ i'm still a bit wet behind the ears so to speak,but if the customer didn't state 2 colours of tiles in hindsight would it not have been better to try get in contact with them or not do the job till they came back?
Surely you would have went over the estimate with them at some point?

At Least it's worked out ok for you and your not being held responsible.

Could have turned out the other way

G

graham31

are you on night shift with the nipper this week graham or are you a vampire!:vampire:, just this week you have came alive after 11pm lol!
Na it's just by the time i do all ma chores,which is a long list i don't get onto the laptop till late haha.

Just wait and see in a couple of months i'll be on the laptop at all hours when my 2nd little one is born

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Not want to criticise you CJ i'm still a bit wet behind the ears so to speak,but if the customer didn't state 2 colours of tiles in hindsight would it not have been better to try get in contact with them or not do the job till they came back?
Surely you would have went over the estimate with them at some point?

At Least it's worked out ok for you and your not being held responsible.

Could have turned out the other way

They left me the tiles for the job.............right or wrong, I assumed they wanted it chequerboard fashion.

I'm not to know that Topps tile cocked up...........and as they were away for a couple of days, I had no way of contacting them.........so, as for waiting till they came back...........:dizzy2::dizzy2:

The price I quoted for this job was to the plumber, who has delt with them from the start, and has started putting a bit of work my way.

So in the end..........I get paid twice for doing the same floor :punk:

Reply to Bloody Topps in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

• Suggestion
Topps Tiles in-store or online - Genuine Feedback, Positive or Otherwise. I used to work in a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
New here and no knowledge of professional tiling! I had one installer do three new bathrooms. He...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

CJ

Arms
TF
Somerset

Thread Information

Title
Bloody Topps
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies
Unsolved
--

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond