UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Board washers ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

hi guys, just noticed this thread. we have this product provider marmox nz ltd. we havnt used it yet so i had a look at a few pics of installation process and it was glued and screwed up onto the walls and floor but no washers. i will give them a call on monday to verify the installation method.also i noticed in other threads that although a liquid waterproof membrane has been applied to the marmox the membrane doesnt extend out into the rest of the bathroom floor and up the skirting like we do here (nz) is that normally done , just waterproof the shower area only? is it because the marmox is a waterproof product anyway? i'm just curious is all. we are in the middle of huge crisis of leaking homes:oops: and internal waterproofing is on the hitlist so its got to be a matter of tanking the entire room if it is a wet area.curious to know what the rules are for you guys when it comes to wet areas.

J

jay

hi guys, just noticed this thread. we have this product provider marmox nz ltd. we havnt used it yet so i had a look at a few pics of installation process and it was glued and screwed up onto the walls and floor but no washers. i will give them a call on monday to verify the installation method.also i noticed in other threads that although a liquid waterproof membrane has been applied to the marmox the membrane doesnt extend out into the rest of the bathroom floor and up the skirting like we do here (nz) is that normally done , just waterproof the shower area only? is it because the marmox is a waterproof product anyway? i'm just curious is all. we are in the middle of huge crisis of leaking homes:oops: and internal waterproofing is on the hitlist so its got to be a matter of tanking the entire room if it is a wet area.curious to know what the rules are for you guys when it comes to wet areas.

waterproofing is not listed in their standards over there only the good tilers use it

yeah i wondered that. we use the same standards as you do plus anything BRANZ recommends.we still get the cowboys that skip it or do a lousy job of it. off subject but you watch the french made it to the finals, just? shame the welsh didnt convert their try. i think the better team lost, anyway its history now. better get your black armband ready for tomorrow mate:8:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Board washers ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm having a nightmare trying to establish product info from distributors. For example...
Replies
Views
Seems alot of talk that 20kg per mtr2 is the max weight limit for plaster. Few questions 1. its...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Looking soon at retiling a shower enclosure walls at a local leisure centre. Once...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Board washers ?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.