Discuss Boarding out advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

BOFH

Hi guys, just wondered if you could advise on a little job I have. Customer has a 5'x6' (floor area) bathroom with basin bog and bath. They want me to lay lino after I've boarded it out, I want to use thin interlocking board so I don't end up with a line wearing into the lino in the future and as small a step up into the room as possible.

The boards seem good so I'll be going over the top of them once I've screwed them down. There's carpet in there at the moment so hopefully I'll not have to trim up the door either.

Any advice on what board to use?

Thanks in advance

B

BOFH

hi bofh,do you mean you dont want to use ply and butt joint it as the line will show through the lino?

you can fill the gap with a suitable latex filler for this

Thanks Kilty, my old man just said the same so I think I'll do that. Can you recommend a filler brand to use, and what's the smallest thickness WBP you would use? It's only a small floor and the boards feel good to go over the top rather than remove them..

Cheers

Reply to Boarding out advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I've bought what I thought were floor tiles for my bathroom. They are 600 x 300 x 8.5mm ceramic...
Replies
Views
Ceramike
C
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Boarding out advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.