Discuss Boats? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Anybody have any boats or yachts?

Seriously starting to like the idea after seeing a lass who's into her cruises and the sea and whatnot.

Never been one for the sea but after going see some of it that isn't dark and freaks me out, I'm starting to warm to the idea of getting a small boat that I can holiday on.

Doesn't seem worth it to get a holiday home in one place IMO. And it's about the same price for a boat you can take around the coast.

Wondering if any guys on here have any experience with it?

Bet if I asked on the sparky forum about 10% have them the rich buggers lol

W

White Room

Ascension Island 025.jpg Ascension Island 050.jpg Ascension Island 049.jpg Went round some Island on a boat once

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I used to have a 12' fishing boat when I was in Kent. Left it behind when we moved back to Peterborough 3 months ago. Was a project for me, bur have toyed with idea of another to tinker with. Something more river orientated though that my boys could enjoy. Canal boat maybe.
I never have been a big lover of the sea.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
If you have the spare time and money go for it.
A mate used to have a motor vessel and when he sold it he said the best thing about having a boat was buying it and selling it, the bit in between was a pain in the butt lol.
I'll take that on board.

(Get it?)

I'll get me coat.

I take bookings for Sunday's only. Discounts for OAP's who can't hear anything.

P

p4ulo

My Mum and Dad have always had sailing boats, culminating in them spending 12 years building a 47' Steel Ketch. Sad thing was, by the time they had finished building it (both had demanding jobs) they were almost too old to enjoy it.
They sold it a few years ago, lost loads of money on it because it was right in the middle of the "luxuries slump". Sailing is lovely, when you are off the coast with the engines off it is very serene, but it does take bloody ages to get anywhere.

My gf's father is a very successful quarry owner down here in the South, and hes got a 53' Sunseeker. That thing is bonkers, so quick, I see the attraction but trust me, unless you are seriously minted, the cost of filling up the tanks would cripple you....and one blat around the local area is Very expensive. Bloody cool though when you pull up somewhere in it, its straight outta Notorious BIG videos....very gangsta don't you know.

P

p4ulo

If you're fairly close to the sea, buying a fixer-upper little day sailing boat might be a nice little investment, and you can tow it to launch for free in most coastal areas. That's how my family started and when I can afford it I think I'd like to try.
Is there anywhere near you you could hire a boat for a day / afternoon for a little fanny about in it before you buy??

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'd imagine appreciate over enough time it's hard to find new ones. Rented a few over the years. Love them.

Rented a VW California the other week for a festival and the lack of space was a nightmare. Everything in there had 2 or 3 uses so to use the sink you had to remove the shelf above it and all the stuff. To use the bed you'd have to empty the boot.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Ye it's a 58" trad stern it needed to be sold ASAP for health and personal reasons it did
That's surely worth 60 still. I've looked at many over the last few years and I've never seen one that cheap mate. Real shame.

Bet you had some good times on that too eh?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Boats? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Please help me. Really having a nightmare here. Just moved into a new house and the...
Replies
Views
Last week I had seven porcelain slabs of 120 x 260 cm installed on a wall in my house. A couple...
Replies
Views
C
hi all I’m new here but I’m at loss now it’s been nearly a year since we had some white...
Replies
Views
Tile Shop
T
A
Hi everyone. Apologies in advance if this post is a little long winded. Couple of years ago, a...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB