Discuss Bob Dylan in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

murf

Hi all,long time no post.
I just got back from a Dylan concert and I want to warn any fans of his,on here, that it was pure garbage
I know he is famous for dodgy concerts but this was truly awful. Some of his songs are absolute masterpieces but they were totally unrecognizable and he seemed to sing everything to the same air and beat. Anybody going to see him in London on saturday night be warned.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

Hmm, Elton John came to perform in the new Open air theatre here and despite the press reporting it was electric and wonderful loads of my friends went and said it was so boring, no show of any kind, just him sat behind the piano on stage without any kind of audience interaction as if he couldn't wait to get finished. It's a beautiful venue, and people paid a lot of money for the ticket, so that was a shame, too.

G

Gall.B

Hi all,long time no post.
I just got back from a Dylan concert and I want to warn any fans of his,on here, that it was pure garbage
I know he is famous for dodgy concerts but this was truly awful. Some of his songs are absolute masterpieces but they were totally unrecognizable and he seemed to sing everything to the same air and beat. Anybody going to see him in London on saturday night be warned.

Seen the great man 8 times now up & down the country, Theres always a great contrast within the audience that you dont get with any other Artist you will see Lawyers, accountants, Tilers, Joiners, neds,Hippys, Goths and even spotted the odd cross dresser all from the very old to quite young and in between there are also those who dont get that he has had a long carreer since recording like a rolling stone, 30 odd albums one of em just last year, and over those years people tend to evolve and change and any self respecting peformer with any self worth or dignity wouldnt being churning out the same old songs in the same style without going mad.

Any time I have seen him theres lineup changes in the band and he dont play the same song s the same way I personally like this and think it keeps things fresh I also much prefer the most recent recordings. Myself & my Mrs were lucky enough to seem him at the legendary Barras in Glasgow , its a ballroom above the market low ceiling bouncy floor holds 200 max standing having seen what seems like 100's of gigs this 1 easily stands out Bob Dylan - Bob Links - Reviews - 6/24/04

Seen him last year also and he recived good reviews and was on form, Have over 1500 albums over a hundred Dylan most of em Field recordings and yes he does have off nights. but he is over 70 now and been touring non stop for over 20 years. maybe he didnt play the songs you now or in the key you like em but thats who he is I suppose, but I whover is going to see him in London I wouldnt be worried and enjoy yourself's:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bob Dylan in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

G
Ok so this was my 1st time having wanting to attend for years. Lots of my mates go each year and...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
U
I just received the following email....NOT being a Celine Dion fan I nevertheless had a look...
Replies
Views
user123
U
W
Saturday i was working at a house with TJ doing a porcelain floor. The weather was quality and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Bob Dylan
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.